Resources for Common Questions related to PFAS Contamination and Exposure


I live on a private well and my water has not been tested, who should I call?

  • If you get your water from a private household well and are within the PFC area of investigation please call 719-578-3131 for information about how to get a well water test.


I live on a private well and my water is contaminated. What kind of filter should I install?


I have high levels of PFASs in my blood and am concerned about how this may affect my health. My doctor doesn’t know much about PFAS exposure and health. What information should I give him/her?


I wasn’t able to participate in the PFAS-AWARE study but would like to get my blood tested for PFASs, who should I call?


Labs that perform PFAS blood testing:





Information on the type of tube, details about handling, cost and specific analysis request codes should be directed to the laboratories.

For more information on Perfluoroalkyl Substances:

For more information about blood biomarker levels:


Basics of Interleukins:


Tumor Necrosis Factor:


Chronic Inflammation:


Liver Enzymes: